[PROXYPER] Multiple keyservers

johnpoz johnpoz at enteract.com
Fri May 10 08:47:14 EDT 2002

What client are you using??  Seems to me there is a fallback option
(number 5 below);

----
distributed.net client configuration: Keyserver<->client connectivity
options
 1) Network Timeout (seconds) ==> 60 (default)
 2) Automatically select a distributed.net keyserver? ==> no
 3) Keyserver host name(s) ==> 192.168.1.25
 4) Keyserver port ==>
 5) Disable fallback to a distributed.net keyserver? ==> no
 6) Firewall/proxy protocol ==> none/transparent/mapped
 7) Use HTTP encapsulation even if not using an HTTP proxy? ==> no
 8) Always use UUEncoding? ==> no
 9) Dialup-link detection ==> Normal mode

 0) Return to Buffer and Buffer Update Options

Choice -->

distributed.net client configuration: Keyserver<->client connectivity
options

Disable fallback to a distributed.net keyserver?:

If the keyserver that your client will be connecting to is a personal
proxy inside a protected LAN (inside a firewall), set this option to
'yes'.
Otherwise leave it at 'No'.

(This option controls whether the client will 'fall-back' to an official
distributed.net keyserver after connection failures to the server
address
you have manually specified.)

Default Setting: no
Current Setting: no
New Setting --> no

----

Option 5 sure seems to do what you Are looking for???

Did I miss something??  Is this not what you are looking for??

John