[PROXYPER] need a non-TCP/IP personal proxy

dan carter hedonist at win.co.nz
Wed Sep 25 01:18:35 EDT 2002

Patcat88 wrote:

>I have 12 computers (486s to P3s) running the distributed.net client
>24/7. They are all conected by ethernet LAN running NetBEUI (no TCP/IP).
>I can't have TCP/IP due to security issues and the complecity involved.

OK, so you have file shareing going (NetBEUI).

On the machine that is going to be the "non-TCP/IP personal proxy" run
the client and share the directory it runs in on the network.

On the other machines run the client from this shared directory or run
the client from elsewhere configured to point to this shared directory
for it's buffered files.

Take care to make sure checkpoint files are not shared.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net