[PROXYPER] OGR not uploading...

Jeff Lawson jlawson at bovine.net
Sat Sep 28 16:48:28 EDT 2002

RC5-64 had to be temporarily re-enabled for a short period of time due
to a client bug described here:
http://n0cgi.distributed.net/cgi/dnet-finger.cgi?user=coffee

We've just been able to apply a workaround patch to the public
fullservers to handle the buggy client verisons specially, and so we've
again disabled RC5-64 as of last night.  When one of the buggy client
versions connects to one of the fullservers, it is falsely told that RC5
is still open and is instead sent a false block to keep it busy.

Client that are not running one of the known buggy versions will
correctly be told that RC5-64 is closed, and they will either go to
sleep or work on OGR depending on how they are configured.

Unfortunately, it will be up to the owners of those machines to upgrade
or deinstall those old client versions.

--
Jeff Lawson   http://www.bovine.net/
http://www.distributed.net/~bovine/