[PROXYPER] Multiple Proxies as service on windows based systems

Floppus Floppus at Chello.nl
Fri Dec 5 12:36:23 EST 2003

One would be sufficient to supply enough workunits indeed, but workunits are
not the reason for multiple proxies.

I run my own proxy and stats, and a friend of mine is going to do a
schoolproject about distributed computing and needed to run his own proxy
and stats for that too, but didn't have anyone that could supply a reliable
enough connection for that.

So now I run my own proxy as service, and the other in the taskbar which has
a risk of closing it by accident andit doesn't start before the login screen
if the box were to crash.

I know LOGs could be filtered using certain tools to split the logs on ID or
something like that. If everyone would have a fixed IP it wouldn't be much
of a problem either
problem I have here is that everyone flushes to both proxies with the same
ID's (they do a school project, and flush on my account as a reward for
running proxy and stats.)

I got tipped by Bovine on manually registering the second proxy, which I
did. Not being able to start 2 proxies at the same time now has become not
only convenient, but also a bit of a research thing for myself too :)