[PROXYPER] proxyper losing keys when restarted

jcb le_merle at afterlight.org
Wed Feb 26 11:53:25 EST 2003

Hi.

I'm running into an interesting problem when restarting my personal proxy.
I have it configured to keep 300 keys for my clients, but after restarting
the proxy it only has 75 of them; the next time it connects to the
keyserver, it grabs 225 (or more, if clients have picked any up) to
restock up to 300 again.  Has anyone else run into this?  Is this a known
issue?  What (besides not restarting the proxy, ha ha) can I do to prevent
this?

Here's my proxyper.ini, for reference:

==========
[KeyServer]
ipaddress=us.v29.distributed.net
port=2064
connectperiod=300
connectivity=normal
;bindip=                        ; IP to talk out to keyserver from
;uuehttpmode=0
; 0=normal,1=uue,2=http,3=http+uue
; 4=socks4,5=socks5,6=genproxy,7=genproxy+uue
;httpproxy=wwwproxy.corporation.com
;httpport=8080
;httpid=

[ports]
listenaddress=(proxy server IP)
;port=2064
port=(port)
;port3=80
testport=0
timeout=30

[console]
logfileconsole=/var/dnetc/perproxy.log
logfileconsolerotation=daily
consoleverbosity="general stats keyblock server client buffers timestamp
attenti
on errwarn errlow errsevere"
timestampflags=194

[rc564]
logfilekeyblock=/var/dnetc/pproxyrc5
logfilekeyblockrotation=daily
minkeysready=0
maxkeysready=0
maxkeysdone=0
contestclosed=1

[rc5-72]
logfilekeyblock=/var/dnetc/pproxyrc572
logfilekeyblockrotation=daily
minkeysready=20
maxkeysready=300
maxkeysdone=3

[desII]
logfilekeyblock=/var/dnetc/pproxydes
logfilekeyblockrotation=daily
minkeysready=0
maxkeysready=0
maxkeysdone=0

[ogr]
logfilekeyblock=/var/dnetc/pproxyogr
logfilekeyblockrotation=daily
minkeysready=0
maxkeysready=0
maxkeysdone=0

[csc]
logfilekeyblock=/var/dnetc/pproxycsc
logfilekeyblockrotation=daily
minkeysready=0
maxkeysready=0
maxkeysdone=0

[misc]
proxymessage=(proxy message)
pidfile=rc5desproxy.pid
statusperiod=300
periodicperiod=300
;logfilecompressor=logcompressor.sh

[ignoredip]

[allowedip]

==========

Clients have no trouble connecting to the proxy, the proxy has no trouble
sending and getting keys -- the only problem is losing keys when the proxy
restarts.

Thanks!

   Joshua C Bihun - le_merle at afterlight.org - www.afterlight.org
 information gladly given but safety requires avoiding unnecessary
                           conversations

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net