[PROXYPER] SGI - Irix proxyper

Marcin Sochacki wanted at panda.bg.univ.gda.pl
Sun Mar 23 18:58:19 EST 2003

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 07:28:49AM -0900, gentryj at gci.net wrote:
> Does anyone know what it would take to update the proxyper for Irix?  I have
> permission to use a couple of IBM supercomputers for RC5.  The only problem is
> that these supercomputers have no outside internet access.  The only systems
> they can reach that I have access to are SGI's running Irix.

I guess you could use a port redirection software, there are some Unix tools
which do that in userland.

This program would listen on port 2064 on Irix machine and redirect the
traffic to your or one of the public proxies.

I've used a program called "redir" for that (on Linux, but it should also
compile on Irix).

Marcin
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net