[PROXYPER] bug in OS/2 perproxy build 374?

Roman Trunov proxyma at tula.net
Tue Feb 17 08:23:04 EST 2009

waldo kitty wrote:

> i've just installed the perproxy build 347 on my os2 (warp3) box and used the
> ini file from my previous version (343)... after some time of fiddling about
> wondering why build 347 was not running, i ran it from the command line and was
> it complain about a missing [ogrp2] section in the ini file...

in current state .ini file must have at least three sections: [ogrp2],
[ogrng] and [rc5-72]. proxy will not run if even one of them is missing.

theoretically, it's possible to remove few lines of source code for
closed [ogrp2] contest but it's rather useless because code for ogr-ng
and -p2 is shared almost completely.

> now, some 15 minutes before i installed the 347 build, i did edit the ini file
> and removed all of the closed contest sections but i do not specifically recall
> removing a ogrp2 section... to the best of my knowledge, previous versions of
> the perproxy created the necessary ini file sections if they did not exist and
> filled them with default values... version 347 apparently did/does not do
> this... at least not with the ogrp2 section...

i'm sure you've unintentionally removed the section yourself. perproxy
not created missed .ini sections automatically and refused to start in
such cases for quite a few years.