[rc5] Cyberian Discussion

Mike Silbersack silby at execpc.com
Fri Aug 1 15:47:28 EDT 1997

> Perhaps we should just start up our own v1 pproxy network and stats
> system and go from there? Anybody want to volunteer? We need some
> publicly accesible hosts that can serve as proxies and deliver logs
> to some programs that can develop a database. We also need a web
> server and some cgi to access the DB. How about it? We can solve
> this problem ourselves. All folks would have to do is turn their
> rc5proxy.distributed.net pointers to the surrogate network. Let
> our proxies point to rc5p.d.net.

Sounds like an interesting idea... however, I wonder how long it would take
to instead "hack" the v2 transport protocol, or make something that feed a
v2 client through the buff-in.rc5... I don't have time now to work on this,
but as soon as September rolls around, I'd be glad to help either way.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack
silby at execpc.com