[rc5] Spamming solution?

Mike Silbersack silby at execpc.com
Fri Aug 1 15:54:18 EDT 1997

The main reason for not letting the v2 protocol be released is to avoid the
problem of spammed packets.  The solution to this seems somewhat obvious to
me; if there was a v2.5 protocol created that authenticated who was sending
packets, all the spammed packets could be easily found, as they would be
from a certain authenticated connection.  Although this wouldn't totally
fix the problem, I think it could help greatly... although I don't know how
the authentications would be issued... how about something that would allow
non-true bovine clients to be used on authenticated accounts that have over
1000 blocks?  Or, umm.. there would have to be SOME way to work this...

Mike "Silby" Silbersack
silby at execpc.com