[rc5] Client Cooperation

Bryan Talbot btalbot at qualcomm.com
Fri Aug 1 14:53:33 EDT 1997

Really, so even if several different machines share a common NFS mounted
directory, they can safely share the in and out buffers?  What kind of
concurency semaphores do the clients use?  Do they write a "lock" file
to the directory before they access the buffers?

Vincent Janelle wrote:

> All the clients can share the buffer files, no matter what OS/ chip
> architechture you are using.
>
> On Fri, 1 Aug 1997 spcox at HUB.ofthe.NET wrote:
>
> > Can the rc5v2 2.002 command line client share buffers with the
> > guiwin32?

> > Shawn Cox
> > spcox at hub.ofthe.net
> > http://www.kernow.com/~spcox
> >
> > Want to win $1000?
> > Enter the newest lottery on the net!  It's FREE!
> > You can enter as often as you wish...
> > I enter 1,000,000 times a second.
> > The Catch: The odds are 1/74,000,000,000,000,000
> > http://rc5.distributed.net/
> rc5' in the body.

PUBLIC NOTICE AS REQUIRED BY LAW: Any use of this message, in any
manner whatsoever, will increase the amount of disorder in the
universe.  Although no liability is implied herein, the reader
is warned that this process will ultimately lead to the heat
death of the universe.