[rc5] Cyberian Discussion

Rebecca and Rowland rebecca at astrid.u-net.com
Sat Aug 2 03:07:39 EDT 1997

>Tom Wheeler wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 31 Jul 1997 17:57:35 -0500, David McNett wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the wonderfully sane and informative message.  Now, why the
>>
>> hell didn't you send it out sooner???  :-)  More seriously, I think an
>>
>> rc5-chat would be great. I'm deleting nearly all of the messages here
>> without reading them because they are too off-topic.  I am considering
>>
>> dropping off this list because of it.
>>

>I gotta agree with Tom... I'm wiping all the messages which arrive here
>lately... Please guys.. be considerate of other people around here...
>bitching and whining won't get anyone anywhere... why the hell can't we
>act like mature adults instead of kids who are going around whining
>about everything? Jee wiz.... can we PLEASE stop the thread here?

Hmm - if we were acting like kids, we'd've dropped out of this effort ages
ago.  As it is, many of us who are complaining - in a rational fashion
based on personal bad experiences with the Bovine `in' crowd - are doing so
because we want this effort to succeed as fast as possible.

It's seems pretty clear to me that the Bovine people don't understand how
to respond to offers of help or constructive criticism.  They can, however,
be goaded into action by the threat of competition and abuse.  In other
words, this effort is run by over-grown kids, not mature adults.  What
chance does the mailing list have?

Rowland.