[rc5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #69

root marcus at dfwmm.net
Sat Aug 2 13:54:25 EDT 1997

Cayce Will wrote:

> How many people here have actually tried to write, compile, debug, make
> functional and then release code - but have it written distributed between
> umpteen people?

I make a living doing it. Any project of greater than trivial
complexity(which for instance the personal proxy is not) is
going to _require_ the coordinated efforts of more than one
person IF it is going to be done in a "reasonable", pronounce
that as "profitable", period of time.

>  It is a nightmare to say the least.

Not at all. You just have to do it right. Lots of us do it every
day and enjoy it.

>  Let the Bovine Core
> do their work as they see fit.

Why? What is supposed to be my motivation for accepting unreasonable
delays and buggy code at the same time? If the workload is too great,
they should farm it out.