[rc5] What will happend

root marcus at dfwmm.net
Sat Aug 2 14:07:28 EDT 1997

Costin RAIU wrote:

> I think that displaying some sort of "YOU ARE THE WINNER" message is not
> a very good idea. For example, if my clients says "You found da Key HERE
> it is: 87A341AB679810"
> I will simply put the key in a email to rsa.com and win myself the
> $10000 prize.

And be in violation of the contract you have entered with bovine.

> That's why I think there's no Contratulations!" message in the client.

Which version of the client do you run? Have you tried pointing it at
a known good test key? Try accessing port 3056 at your favorite key
proxy and see what happens. Sigh, I guess you would have to have looked
at the source to see this, so...all claims are based on v1 experience.