[rc5] What will happend

Costin RAIU craiu at usa.net
Sat Aug 2 22:36:38 EDT 1997

root wrote:

> Costin RAIU wrote:
>
> And be in violation of the contract you have entered with bovine.
Of course. But how do you prove it ? I can say that my own cracking
program found the key without any help from you. Note that it is not
in my intention to violate the license. I'm doing it just for fun and
because I think it's very interesting.

> > That's why I think there's no Contratulations!" message in the client.
>
> Which version of the client do you run?
2.002

> Have you tried pointing it at
> a known good test key?
How ?

> Try accessing port 3056 at your favorite key
> proxy and see what happens. Sigh, I guess you would have to have looked
> at the source to see this, so...all claims are based on v1 experience.
Nothing that can be seen with bare eye. The program listenting on that
socket
waits for the user to input a line, and the disconnects. What's the
tricky
ideea behind it ?

bye,
c0s

Costin RAIU, Data Security Expert

E-MAIL  : BUSINESS mailto:craiu at gecad.ro, PERSONAL craiu at usa.net
WWW     : http://www.gecad.ro/~craiu/
PGP Key : http://www.gecad.ro/~craiu/craiu.asc (or from WWW.PGP.COM)
KeyID   : 2048/DD35A295 Costin RAIU <craiu at gecad.ro>
Key fingerprint = FD 14 2A 90 64 41 58 9A  6B 34 47 D8 C5 E2 F4 5C