[rc5] What will happend

Murray Stokely murray at cdrom.com
Sat Aug 2 17:35:59 EDT 1997

On Sat, 2 Aug 1997, Costin RAIU wrote:

% root wrote:
% >
% > Costin RAIU wrote:
% >
% > And be in violation of the contract you have entered with bovine.
% Of course. But how do you prove it ? I can say that my own cracking
% program found the key without any help from you. Note that it is not
% in my intention to violate the license. I'm doing it just for fun and
% because I think it's very interesting.

RSA wouldn't believe you.  They know that the key is going to come
from a massively distributed effort, and they know that people will
recompile the programs to only write to the screen when the key is
found, not reporting it..  (obviously)

Murray Stokely