[rc5] What will happend

Stephen Langasek vorlon at dodds.net
Sat Aug 2 19:49:46 EDT 1997

On Sat, 2 Aug 1997, Murray Stokely wrote:

>   That's ridiculous, and you know it.  You don't just covertly give
> people contracts.  Contracts require AGREEMENT.  ie- a cgi program
> that forces a user to say 'yes i agree' before downloading.

And if you've read the README file like you ought to have--and you see the
section where this is stipulated, and you continue to run the client, does
*that* entail agreement?

In any case, the argument doesn't have to hold up in court; it's RSA's
money, and they'll be giving it to whomever they choose.  Should they
decide to view the RC5 Bovine policy as constituting a binding agreement,
I doubt there's anyone among us who'd try to take them to court for the
other nine thou...

                                -Steve Langasek
-doink-