[rc5] Several Issues...

Costin RAIU craiu at usa.net
Sun Aug 3 13:30:14 EDT 1997

Arvin Meyer wrote:

> You bet they don't need our help. You ought to see the notes to users at
> Los Alamos, asking them not to use the Paragons to compile, rather to use
Hm... What kind of operating system is run on Paragons ?
(also, is Paragon SIMD or MIMD ?)

> the SGI Crays and Sun's instead (and the list of those is at least 10). I
Probably Bovine's resources are under the speed of a T3E Cray machine.
I say probably, because Crays are not the most fortunate choices for
cracking
cyphers, since they are vectorial machines. On the other side, a 64k
MasPar
seems ok with me.

> didn't hack my way in either, this is right on their webs. Scary as hell.
>
> Read the intro from one of the *smaller* machines (only 1854 processors)
> intro page at Sandia Labs:
>
> http://www.cs.sandia.gov/mpcrl/iparagon/introduction.html

Impressive !
BTW: Is there any MasPar version of the client ? :)
(probably not, since MPPL has no sockets support)
--

bye,
c0s

Costin RAIU, Data Security Expert

E-MAIL  : BUSINESS mailto:craiu at gecad.ro, PERSONAL craiu at usa.net
WWW     : http://www.gecad.ro/~craiu/
PGP Key : http://www.gecad.ro/~craiu/craiu.asc (or from WWW.PGP.COM)
KeyID   : 2048/DD35A295 Costin RAIU <craiu at gecad.ro>
Key fingerprint = FD 14 2A 90 64 41 58 9A  6B 34 47 D8 C5 E2 F4 5C