[rc5] Linux RC5 SMP processing...

Sean McPherson sean at ntr.net
Sun Aug 3 21:58:49 EDT 1997

> If there is enough interest, I am currently considering re-coding the
> Linux x86 v1 client to take advantage of the SMP capabilities in the
> newer Linux kernels (instead of running two processes).  However, I
> would need someone who has a good working knowledge of SMP to help me
> break up the code to take advantage of multiple processors.  This would
> be my first foray into SMP, so it could be interesting.  The person
> would have to, of course, be quite patient with me since I know C well,
> but have never done SMP coding.
>
> Anyone interested in a little side project should
> email:	dmelczer at wlrk.com	and let me know.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -David Melczer

I'm definitely interested, as I am always runnig 2 processes on my dual
CPU boxes (I have a dual P200 as well as a new Dual PII266), and I know
others have PPro's running multiple CPU's in linux...

--
Sean McPherson
sean at ntr.net
Systems Administration
NTR.Net Corporation
--
REALITY.SYS corrupted. Reboot universe? [Y n]