[rc5] Running the client (OS/2 related)

dan carter daniel.carter at stonebow.otago.ac.nz
Wed Aug 6 10:22:01 EDT 1997

On Tue, 05 Aug 97 17:00:35 -0400, Fedor Kouranov wrote:

>On 07/29/97 Rene Kint <itsux at xs4all.nl> said:
> Can
>anyone help? I put c:\whatever\rc5v2.exe as program name and -update as a
>parameter. I also put in a 10 second delay. When the dialer starts, a
>window with the client blinks, but dies too soon :(.

Well, starting the client with a bogus parameter causes that.
Are you sure you're running v2.002?
There's still allot of OS/2 v2.000 clients running (according to the
stats)
v2.000 does not support the -update parameter.

Also can you run from a command prompt? Maybe you don't have emx.dll
installed.

Or maybe emx.dll is installed your rc5 directory (rather than somewhere
on LIBPATH). If this is the case, then running rc5 from your rc5 dir
would work, but running it when your not in the rc5 dir wouldn't. Maybe
the IBM dialer doesn't set the working directory to c:\rc5.

Hope this helps
dan