[rc5] Cumulative Stats Accuracy?

Stephen Langasek vorlon at dodds.net
Tue Aug 5 19:24:36 EDT 1997

On Tue, 5 Aug 1997, Shea Tisdale wrote:

> I would like to suggest that the Stats be a top priority.  I'll even
> volunteer time or computer power to the issue if that will help.

I'll second that.  There are a lot of things I'd rather do in my spare
time than work on web pages, but since it doesn't seem to be getting done,
I'm willing to put in the time to see that it does.  Working stats may not
be important to /you/, Coordinators, but they're important to me, and
they're important to a lot of others on here, *and* they affect public
interest in this effort -- which means they are ultimately of importance
to all of us.

While it may be true that too many cooks spoil the broth, I'm seeing
noodles burning to the bottom of the pot because there's no one tending
them.  Now, whatever reasons there may be for this, the fact remains that
there are an awful lot of qualified chefs out here who are watching in
dismay as their dinner chars.

It's your decision, not ours; no one here is in a position to force their
aid upon you.  But I hope you understand that there are others who have
invested time and energy into this project, who your decision will affect.
Choose poorly, and it will have a dramatic impact on the success of this
project.  And if you *won't* accept our help, we at least deserve to know
why.  That way we can stop filling your mailboxes with offers we know will
be rejected... and you can stop spending the time to empty your mailboxes
afterwards. :)

                              -Steve Langasek
-doink-