[rc5] Here's another suggestion (Stats Gripe)

DevBahn - OS/2 Programmers Sanctuary devbahn at geocities.com
Wed Aug 6 11:39:50 EDT 1997

On Wed, 6 Aug 1997 10:12:42 -0700 (PDT), Murray Stokely wrote:

>   I think you pretty much speak for all of us.  Just do what the rest
>of us have done at switch over to Cyberian.  I asked some members of
>another department if they wanted to help out and they laughed saying
>we were just wasting energy.  I then started taunting them and in a
>matter of days they've recruited a 40+ computer force and the
>competition is feirce.  They must reload the cyberian stats page 50
>times a day to be able and throw the numbers in our face. ;)

My sentiments exactly. Not only do stats make it fun, and easier to
recruit, they are part of the glue that holds a team together.

long StartApathy( int WeeksStatsBrokenFor )
{

  int Apathy = 0;

   Apathy = ( WeeksStatsBrokenFor * ( CyberianClientSpeed -
BovineClientSpeed ) );

   return( Apathy );

}

long RemoveApathy( long ApathyLevel )
{

  int StatsFixed = 0;

   if ( ApathyLevel >= 50 ) StatsFixed = FixStatsNow();
   else StatsFixed = 1;

    if ( StatsFixed == 0 ) return( SomeTeamsToBovine );
    else return( SomeTeamsToCyberian );

}

Or something like that :)

Regards,

Dean Mills.

/*  Join RC5 Team Warped.  Resistance is futile!  */
/*             RC5 will be cracked!               */
/*     http://www.ionet.net/~colin/rc5.html       */
/*        RC5Mail/2 & RC5Tee/2 homepage           */
/*   http://www.cablelan.net/dmills/RC5Mail.html  */