[rc5] Here's another suggestion (Stats Gripe)

Gustav Bjoerkman gnork at beyond.malmo.lth.se
Wed Aug 6 22:00:30 EDT 1997

On Wed, 6 Aug 1997, Murray Stokely wrote:

>    I think you pretty much speak for all of us.  Just do what the rest
> of us have done at switch over to Cyberian.  I asked some members of

I agree. We've discontinued with the Bovine effort just because of the
stats. And when we have time we'll remove all running clients left and
move to Cyberian instead. The first 200k blocks was fun but not anymore.
Why should we help Bovine when Cyberian has so much more? You don't get
paid to do the jobb.. none of us do. No time to make things working?
The world is full of good, hardworking people that can help You..but
no..no. I've been impressed by Your work sofar but not anymore. What's
the problem? To much data to reconstruct? Lack of time? Lack of CPU?
WHAT? Just tell us all what the problem is and the rest of the World
will help you. I like the "work in progress" page though. :*)

There is _no_ way for me to convince the boss, friends, family, the cat
that they should run rc5 with no working stats.  The stats is the main
thing that makes it fun! And without the fun we don't join! I remember
to good old days when you followed each team very carfully and checked
the stats several times a day, that was fun.

    See you all at rc5.cyberian.org!

      /B106