[rc5] Defection and disintegration

Stuart Anthony denitto at llamas.net
Wed Aug 6 17:40:40 EDT 1997

On Wed, 6 Aug 1997, Murray Stokely wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Aug 1997, Ryan Dumperth wrote:
> % Would one of the Bovine admins *please* respond to all these posts
> % concerning the future of distributed.net? Your silence is deafening.

Ok, I'll take time from porting the new 2.003 clients to post here...

Yes, 2.003 is out.  We're currently compiling them on as many platforms as
possible. They're faster than the current 2.002 client (196Kkeys on a
Ultra-1 Sparc compared to 139Kkeys, 189Kkeys on a P150 in NT4.0 compared
to 181Kkeys...)

The main problems that have been plaguging stats are being worked on.  The
logjam was due to Real Life problems of some of the people getting the
boot from school/etc...  Sorry, most of us are doing this in our spare
time and do work a job.

The stats have been handed over to someone else, to distribute (wow) the
load from a central person.  Expect them to be working soon and be more
feature laden.

And for the defectors, well, when ya see you have
to have 3 different .exe's, and there are other ini files/cache files,
greater problems getting keys...

--Pete

The cows are tromping all over America. Cows can replicate. They're
being born all over the world. There's plenty of beef available!
		-- US Representative Zoe Lofgren (D-Ca)