[rc5] Cumulative Stats Accuracy?

bennett_t1 at popmail.firn.edu bennett_t1 at popmail.firn.edu
Wed Aug 6 21:19:36 EDT 1997

At 07:04 PM 8/5/97 +0200, you wrote:
>I have to admit, the whole stats issue pisses me off rather seriously.
>First they have almost working stats, updated hourly; only some emails
>are wrong.  Then they disable them to fix that tiny (?) bug.  As they
>find out that it would take forever, they decide to make
>non-cumulative daily stats and call everyone who reads them a
>stats-addict.

Speaking of e-mail screw-ups, the stats display the team I'm in, Starbase
XII (bhiggins at shaw.wave.ca), the stats say that we are running at 300
keys/sec average, but I know for a fact that the other teammates, 3 of
them, the founders of the team, have the cracker running 24/7 and never
turn it off.  This is for 9 computers, all Win95, but some Pentium 133 &
120's, and a few high end 486's.  I run mine 24/7 almost all the time,
varying in speed due to other programs on the computer.  I average around
400 keys/sec.  So yes, the stats are REALLY screwed.

>At this point, I should offer some assistance, but unfortunately, I'm
>not good at coding encryption algorithms or cgi programming.  But
>then, even people who could help, aren't allowed to.

If that continues it's going to take ages to break this damn thing.