[rc5] Letting people get to you (was: Re:Cyberian Discussion)

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Thu Aug 7 01:19:55 EDT 1997

Better idea, just delete any messages on any subject you're not
interested in.  Set up a little kill list and add Rowland (or whoever)
to it.  Set up a filter to move all posts from the organizers to one
folder and others to another.  There are lots of little things to avoid
letting one person get to you.  Of course, I still let people get to me
at times.

On Thu, 7 Aug 1997 00:14:29 -0500 (CDT), Chris Owen wrote:
>We will probably drop off this list soon if things continue like they are
>and when we do that we will probably shut down our clients (our team only
>consists of the machines here at this location, but we've done about
>40,000 blocks so far).  Except for the lack of source for the new clients
>the number one reason for us leaving is Rowland.  I know that Rowland
>doesn't (or claims not to) understand that, but he has singlehandedly done
>more to turn me off to this whole excercise than just about anything that
>could have happened.  Rowland has made quite the contribution, trading his
>100 blocks for who knows how many people he will chase off.

Colin L. Hildinger