[rc5] Defection and disintegration

Rebecca and Rowland rebecca at astrid.u-net.com
Thu Aug 7 14:14:11 EDT 1997

>Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 16:37:35 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Sean McPherson <sean at ntr.net>

[snip rant]
>BOVINE list about how you are going to Cyberian, and how you are so much
>happier with cyberian, and how lovely their stats are. Using the bovine
>mailing lists to recruit people for Cyberian seems a bit rude, to put it
>simply.

Maybe you misunderstand the complaints?  Maybe some of these complaints are
from people who'd like to see this effort succeed, but feel that it's going
to fail unless the people in charge wake up a bit and meet the needs of the
people who are doing the checking...  Rather than polishing their egos with
the latest, fastest, and best client, get the bloody stats working and
answer some email!

>	As for me, I KNOW a lot of effort has gone into the stats,

Which don't work.

> the
>proxies, the binaries,

Which have been horribly buggy and the developers don't respond to requests
for help, bug reports, or suggestions if my experience has been anything to
go by.

> and keeping the mailing lists alive,

That's you and me doing that, isn't it?

Rowland.