[rc5] 2.004 Bug (?) Report

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.net
Thu Aug 7 19:56:21 EDT 1997

At 6:04 PM 8/7/97, Sean McPherson wrote:
>Automatically Selecting Intel Pentium Pro/Pentium II optimized code
>Automatically Selecting Intel 386/486 optimized code
>Automatically Selecting Intel Pentium Pro/Pentium II optimized code
>Automatically Selecting Cyrix/IBM 6x86 optimized code
>Automatically Selecting AMD K5 optimized code
>Automatically Selecting AMD K5 optimized code
>Automatically Selecting AMD K5 optimized code
>Automatically Selecting AMD K5 optimized code
>Automatically Selecting Cyrix/IBM 6x86 optimized code

I just downloaded the 2.004 Win32 client, and started it up on the four
suitable machines here. All four started off by saying:

Automatically Selecting Intel Pentium optimized code

The first time I saw it I thought it was pretty cool. The next three times
I thought it was pretty weird. I installed it on:

Intel Pentium 200 (non-MMX)
Cyrix 6x86-P200+
AMD K6-233
Intel Pentium II/266

The Cyrix is running Windows NT4 Server, the other three are all running
Windows NT4 workstation.

Van