[rc5] Yes, K6 is faster with 386/486 optimisations

dan carter daniel.carter at stonebow.otago.ac.nz
Fri Aug 8 23:42:08 EDT 1997

I noticed when setting the CPU type that K6 had a question mark against
it. So to avoid having all K6ers having to benchmark the client
themselves on all the different settings i thought id let you in on my
results:

2.0004	Pentium		252716
	386/486		259942
	Pro/II		234962
	6x86		243902
	K5		227597
2.0003			246730

So it looks like a 5% increase for my K6, better than a kick in
teeth...

Those that care the hardware is a K6 166 (66MHz bus), SDRAM etc etc
OS/2 Warp v4

Peace
dan carter