[rc5] win32gui proxy: questions

Marc Sissom msissom at dnaent.com
Fri Aug 8 10:26:25 EDT 1997

I don't know if you have gotten any response, but here's
what I've figured out...I think.

At 03:31 PM 8/8/97 +0800, you wrote:

>1) What is "minimum buffers to keep empty"?

How much room to allocate for clients to fill with checked keys,
also how much room for reading files from disk.

>2) Sometimes it says "overflow threshold reached... Autodumping all
>notifies to disk". What is this  "overflow threshold"? When will the
>dumped notifications be actually submitted?

I don't know. Perhaps there were no more free buffers? IOW, the
proxy needs to talk to the server to send in the checked keys
and clear its buffers.

>3) When (2) happens, I tried to import key buffers from disk so that I
>can manually submit the dumped notifications. But it refused to take
>then in by saying "A total of 0 keys were imported from disk. There are
>284 keys left in diskfile." It happened when
>	key in ready pool: 400
>	Keys waiting for notification: 0
>	Unused key buffers: 100
>	Total notifications: 11
>My settings are
>	Minimum buffers to keep active: 300
>	Maximum buffers to keep active: 500
>	Minimum buffers to keep empty: 100

You don't have enough "empty buffers" to allow it to read from the
disk. Temporarily raise the empty value to 300 and you should fit
everything in. Then get online and dump the checked blocks to the
server as soon as possible.

  Marc Sissom               | Design Engineer
  DNA Enterprises, Inc.     | Phone: 972/644-3301
  269 W. Renner Parkway     | Fax: 972/644-6338
  Richardson, Texas 75080   | http://www.dnaent.com