[rc5] CPU autodetect

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.net
Mon Aug 11 12:49:57 EDT 1997

At 1:12 PM 8/11/97, Vincent Janelle wrote:
>Uh, there is a way to set the processor in the -config option, and it is
>option #14.  Simply select your processor there.  BTW, all the clients are
>the same, in that it looks like they perform a small benchmark.  My 486
>kept getting detected as a 6x86 before I set it right :)

Ivo specifically said that he was running on several machines from a single
directory, or trying to. I would like to do that too, but you can't unless
there is some way to set the CPU for each copy of the client that is
running. Autodetect would work here, as would a command line setting. In
either case the config file would have to be *not* set to a particular
processor.

Van