[rc5] CPU autodetect

Joshua Weage weage at mtu.edu
Mon Aug 11 16:01:59 EDT 1997

On Mon, 11 Aug 1997, G. Armour Van Horn wrote:
> Ivo specifically said that he was running on several machines from a single
> directory, or trying to. I would like to do that too, but you can't unless
> there is some way to set the CPU for each copy of the client that is
> running. Autodetect would work here, as would a command line setting. In
> either case the config file would have to be *not* set to a particular
> processor.
>
> Van

	One way to fix this problem is to create a separate
executable for each platform e.g. call them rc5_486, rc5_x86,
etc.  They will each create their own ini file.

Josh

- Joshua Weage  weage at mtu.edu  http://www.me.mtu.edu/~weage    -
- "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security   -
-  of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear   -
-  arms, shall not be infringed."                              -
-           Second Amendment U.S. Constitution                 -