[rc5] Network error

Fedor Kouranov ted99 at ibm.net
Tue Aug 12 05:48:56 EDT 1997

On 08/12/97 "Guan Sin Ong" <cceonggs at segamat.nus.edu.sg> said:

>Oh, no. This network problem occurs much frequent on my site. We have
>congested line, therefore I understand why the high frequency. Perhaps the
>higher timeout value in 2.004 should help, although I haven't confirmed
>that yet.

Well, noone has. ;-) I have a simple slip line, and normally these errors
occur during peak hours when there are enourmous delays...

>My guess to the problem posted in this thread: could it be just a one-off
>problem caused by the DNS outage announced by Beberg a while back?

It's hardly related to the DNS because the connection fails _after_
establishing and, usually, fetching a few blocks.

 /** Christ Is Risen ! *** __+__ ******  Fedor "Ted" Kouranov  *****/
 /* Xristos Voskrese ! **   \|    ** ted99 at ibm.net * fedor at bu.edu **/
 /** Xristos Anesti ! ****   |\  ** http://enz.siobc.ras.ru/~fedor */