[rc5] Re: Uh oh.. (Stats)

David Hubbard dhubbard at peds-cme.med.usf.edu
Thu Aug 14 16:54:31 EDT 1997

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, David McNett wrote:

"Dave Hubbard, the number 8 guy, said:"
Hey, you didn't have to quote me like that. :-)

> Very observant!  Actually, this is due to an oversight on my part.  I
> was doing some manual cleanup with pmack at rogue-ent.com this morning (one
> of his hosts had submitted a gazillion blocks as "pmack at rouge-ent.com")
> and neglected to re-index the rankings table after making the changes.
> I didn't realize that the revised block count would adjust the rankings.

Yep, too bad, I wanted to be number seven.  Not to worry though, I plan on
passing him soon anyway. Ooooooohhh...  Yep, stats are back, competetion
is back, I think I need to add a few more machines...  :-)

Just a random thought here but I think I'm the fastest non-team, or at
least highest ranking non-team, in the Bovine effort.  Is that right?
If I can do this, I'm sure there's some people out there who can get some
more machines in the effort.  Whatever happened to the big IBM vs. Apple
thread.  I think someone posted at one time that ibm.net or something
was about to make a big showing but it never materialized.

Well anyway, thanks for explaining,

Dave
dhubbard at eng.usf.edu