[rc5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #85

Roger A. Wong rogerw at bigfoot.com
Thu Aug 14 23:15:07 EDT 1997

Is it now possible, via the new clients, for me to go on a two-week vacation?

My network connection costs about 10 cents for each dial-up connection
made. Ideally, I'd like to buffer a few hundred blocks, then have the
client dial-up to report, grab a few hundred more blocks, then hang-up.

This would keep my cost to a minimum while making the most of my computer
system while I'm cruisin' for chicks.

The last time I tried this, my client grabbed 20 blocks, generated a
hundred or so random blocks, and then choked to death, unable to open a
network connection. (win nt running on an ibm-compat)