[rc5] Stats question

Marc Sissom msissom at dnaent.com
Thu Aug 14 17:07:39 EDT 1997

At 03:52 PM 8/14/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I agree.  I think that the current contribution is much more important
>than the cumulative contribution.  A team with a faster current
>contribution has a greater chance of finding the key.  The cumulative
>contribution has no effect on a team's chance of finding the key.

Don't worry. If you maintain that fastest current contribution,
you will soon be the largest cumulative contributor as well.
Just ask evangelist at apple.com. Meanwhile, those of us that
have been slogging away at this task for months would just as
soon see our names in lights as well. Do more keys than the
rest of us and you'll make the listing.

Besides, an hourly or whatever shorter period update that showed
the blocks checked in during that period would effectively be a
current rate listing. It'll get here.