[rc5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #85

Fedor Kouranov ted99 at ibm.net
Thu Aug 14 18:56:46 EDT 1997

On 08/14/97 "Roger A. Wong" <rogerw at bigfoot.com> said:

>The last time I tried this, my client grabbed 20 blocks, generated a
>hundred or so random blocks, and then choked to death, unable to open a
>network connection. (win nt running on an ibm-compat)

The new clients' buffer is now limited to 200 blocks (thanks guys!). You
can max it out through -config or by editing the ini. On a P6-233 it takes
~26.5 hours to work through 200 blocks. On a P5-100 - ~5.5 days. You can
launch another copy of client with -update every time you dial up. This
will cost you exactly nothing if you do it every time you check your email.
If you're considering a long vacation you can try writing a sofisticated
script that would swap buffer files or perhaps a dial-on-demand feature.

Now let me scream a bit.

THE QUESTIONS OF THIS TYPE ARE FAQ QUESTIONS!!! THEY SHOULD BE ADDED TO THE
FAQ!!! PEOPLE WHO ASK THEM SHOULD READ THE FAQ AND CONSERVE BANDWIDTH!!!

Whew... ;-)

 /** Christ Is Risen ! *** __+__ ******  Fedor "Ted" Kouranov  *****/
 /* Xristos Voskrese ! **   \|    ** ted99 at ibm.net * fedor at bu.edu **/
 /** Xristos Anesti ! ****   |\  ** http://enz.siobc.ras.ru/~fedor */