[rc5] RC5V2B4 - Minor OS/2 client problem

Oscar Chang oscarc at divideby0.com
Sat Aug 16 01:56:15 EDT 1997

On Fri, 15 Aug 1997 19:16:06 -0400, rc5-digest wrote:

>If I do the math between 22:38:42 & 22:45:39 I do NOT see 1.2 million
>hours of processing time.  The other log file information recorded
>during the processing of the block is another instance of RC5 I have
>schedule to run every two hours which does a '-flush' and '-fetch'.
>
>Computer is as follows:
>	ASUS KN97-X w/Intel P2/266
>	OS/2 Warp v4 (FixPak #3)

  The timing function in OS/2 is "rolling over" and we're looking into
another function that won't. It doesn't effect the key you work on, just
the reported time it took to crunch it.

>Has anyone else experienced the above?  Could this be a possible P2
>bug?

  Yah it happens to me occationally, don't worry about it, the important
thing is that the key is calculated correctly. :)

---
oscarc at divideby0.com
You won't be undefined when you Divide By Zero.
http://www.divideby0.com