[rc5] Graceful shutdown?

Fedor Kouranov ted99 at ibm.net
Sat Aug 16 20:26:43 EDT 1997

On 08/16/97 "Fowler, Robert" <RFowler at ins-server.jpl.nasa.gov> said:

>How do I get the client to finish processing all the blocks it has and
>upload the results w/o downloading any more blocks?

Unless you have special reasons for this, relax. It won't harm the effort
if some blocks sit around in your buffer for extended periods of time. If
you do have special reasons, adjust the maximum number of blocks to buffer
(opt. 2) so that you run out before logging off and make it the number of
blocks to complete in a run (3). Before disconnecting do a flush.

 /** Christ Is Risen ! *** __+__ ******  Fedor "Ted" Kouranov  *****/
 /* Xristos Voskrese ! **   \|    ** ted99 at ibm.net * fedor at bu.edu **/
 /** Xristos Anesti ! ****   |\  ** http://enz.siobc.ras.ru/~fedor */