[rc5] RE: TOP 10^56 E-Mails...

Brian J. Stewart bstewart at primary.net
Sun Aug 17 10:51:03 EDT 1997

> Would you please add TOP 500 E-Mail or  TOP 1000 E-mails??

Generating the TOP 1000 from the database would seem like a lot of overkill
to me... (yeah, i'm biased .. we're #19)

IMPORTANT NOTE: I really haven't seen in mentioned, but when you look up
YOUR email address it shows the next few people AHEAD and BEHIND you... to
me that kinda of elimiates the need for anything beyond TOP 100... Want to
see somene 10 steps above you?  Well just click on the guy 3 ahead, and
then his 3 ahead, etc... you'll get there...

But in reality, a TOP 100, then 101-200, 201-300 type system would be more
efficient, especially when it finally generated the HTML data stream.  And
to keep from destroying the database box's performance caused by 100+
people always requesting their TOP xxx range, the 101-1000 spots could be a
daily generation instead of hourly.

| BRIAN STEWART || Team Name: bstewart at kc-primary.net         |
|               || Theme    : "Cult of the Dead Cows"         |
| Team Leader   || Web Site : http://www.biogate.com/bstewart |