[rc5] Guiwin32 -- autodetect CPU glitches

Curtis Brown shazam at pobox.com
Mon Aug 18 01:31:53 EDT 1997

At 09:57 AM 8/17/97 -0500, Brian Stewart wrote:
>I've noticed that my v2.004 clients don't autodetect cpu types
>consistently...
>Yeah, I see it noted on v2.005 as "needs improvement"
>
>Also, was I imagining things, or did someone say that v2.004 had a
>"-cputype" commandline override option???  If so I don't know how to make
>it work...

Actually, it is a parameter in the .ini file, not a commandline option. If
you run the client with the "-config" option you have the choice of
overiding the CPU selection; I think it it option 14.

-CB

shazam at pobox.com
RC5-56 today, Deep Blue tomorrow. Visit
http://rc5.distributed.net

NOTICE TO BULK EMAILERS:  Pursuant to US Code, Title 47,
Chapter 5, Subchapter II,  227, any and all nonsolicited
commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a
download and archival fee in the amount of $500 US.
E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.