[rc5] Nice levels on sgi

Ivo Janssen ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl
Mon Aug 18 11:54:54 EDT 1997

Hello,

It seems that the rc5v2b2 and rc5v2b4 clients  go to nice -20.
That means: _high_ priority! I set up a couple machines that way, and
my sysop came complaining.
The linuxs and hps I've running all go to nice +20, which is "idle"
priority.

Question remains how a user-pgrogram can go to a negative nice. Only
root is supposed to do that!

Is it my irix which is configured the wrong way, or is it the client.

Ivo

| IVO JANSSEN       | ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl        | |     |   |
| Ricardishof 1/428 | janssen at cardit.et.tudelft.nl   | |   |-+   |
| 2614 JE Delft     | http://www.et.tudelft.nl/~ivo/ | +->-|    (|)
| the Netherlands   | Dept of Electrical Engineering |     |-+   |
| +31-15-2855973    | Delft University of Technology |       |   |