[rc5] Speed freeks with Cyrix, AMD, PPro or RISC machines ?

Jot Powers jot at tmp.medtronic.com
Mon Aug 18 10:09:40 EDT 1997

> Excerpts from rc5Distrib: 15-Aug-97 Re: [rc5] Speed freeks with.. by Jot
> Powers at tmp.medtronic
> > Well, see the problem is I went ahead and wrote a perl program
> > that I can from cron every hour that looks at the current time,
> > checks to see if a machine is running, looks at the day of week
> > and then decides how long to run for.  So, to switch to a simple
> > cron, or to change everything to make it re-write the .ini file
> > every hour is a pain.  This has the advantage of running, even

> post the perl script

I would, except for the fact that it doesn't work for v2 clients.

And, as much as I'm stuck in the "dark ages" doesn't mean I'm going
to help other people stay there because they don't know any better.

Now, if you still want it, and can explain why you want it, I'll
happily give it out.  :)

-Jot
--
Jot Powers
Unix System Administrator, Medtronic Micro-Rel
jot at tmp.medtronic.com
"Sometimes you just have to grab the bull by the tail and face the situation."