[rc5] OS/2 client did something clever?

dan carter daniel.carter at stonebow.otago.ac.nz
Tue Aug 19 22:05:15 EDT 1997

I was flushing out buffers, which normally takes 15 or so 'rc5v2
-flush'es due the network read errors. However today, suddenly, without
changing my client software, rc5 kept on flushing and flushing.
Everytime it hit a network error, it went and connected to the proxy
server again, and started flushing. It did this about 25 times before
giving up.

Has anybody else experienced this?
Its a great feature, can it be coded in as a default?

It still didn't empty the out buffer though, and on subsequent flushes
it returned to the comand prompt after every network error as normal

Partial screen capture follows:
[Z:\apps\xitami]rc5 -flush
.
.
.
The proxy says: "rc5proxy.llamas.net Cuidado esta llamas!"
>>Network::Error Read Failed 27/0
The proxy says: "Welcome to my nightmare. (x162-50.chem.umn.edu)"
>>>Network::Error Read Failed 27/0
The proxy says: "rc5proxy.llamas.net Cuidado esta llamas!"
>Network::Error Read Failed 27/0
The proxy says: "Bovine Proxy KeyServer (Build 2104)"

ror Read Failed 27/0
Flush completed.

[Z:\apps\xitami]