[rc5] Win32 GUI Installation

dan carter daniel.carter at stonebow.otago.ac.nz
Wed Aug 20 11:26:02 EDT 1997

On Tue, 19 Aug 1997 17:39:13 -0400 (EDT), David Hubbard wrote:
>Hey Al,
>	thanks.  Any chance you know the format for a .reg file? :-)
>I think that would be best because I don't want the GUI portion of
>the client starting and there doesn't seem to be a way to get the
>auto start from the command line.

Once RC5GUI is configured to run in stealth, then starting it from the
registry or the command line (or a short cut etc etc) with the -run
parameter results in it running hidden. If you start it without -run it
will show up regardless of the stealth setting.

.reg files are plain text files. Just run regedit, export  a branch,
and take a look at the format.
Better yet, install the client on one machine, export the
local_machine/SW/MS/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run branch and use the
resulting .reg file in your batch file.

Regards
dan