[rc5] Increasing my Cache

Icepick icepick at pclink.com
Wed Aug 20 09:27:18 EDT 1997

At 03:05 AM 8/20/97 -0500, Clay Runfalo wrote:
>Hopefully someone will be able to answer this question for me...
>
>  (It takes about 4 hours per block and I am looking for an easy way to
>speed it up.)
>
>Right now, my system has a 128Kb cache.  If I increase it to 256Kb, will
it >increase the speed that it processes the keys?  (It takes about 4 hours
per block >and I am looking for an easy way to speed it up.)

Nope.  The program is smaller than that.  Hence no gain.

In fact, I don't think that there is any hardware way of speeding up the
client, besides overclocking and changing the CPU.  Anyone?