[rc5] FreeBSD 2.2.2 dumps core and Linux dosen't seem to be reporting

Daniel Baker dbaker at wrangler.cuckoo.com
Wed Aug 20 11:15:43 EDT 1997

All the FreeBSD 2.2.2 boxes that I've tried the v2 personal proxy on dump
core when running...

fooeypants % ./rc5proxy
[08/20/97 15:04:10 GMT] Bovine RC5 Personal Proxy for UNIX (Build 213)
[08/20/97 15:04:10 GMT] For details, see http://rc5.distributed.net/
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
fooeypants %

So, I put our proxy on a linux machine.  It goes through all the motions
of sending in the blocks but it dosen't seem to be working.  We do about
20 blocks an hour, and we've been running for about 15 hours, meaning on
the stats page we should have over 200 blocks... We have 35..

I don't know if this is just because stats is way behind, but it says at
the bottom when it last updated, and it appears to be updating hourly.

Any ideas, or anybody else having these problems?

Thanks

Daniel

--
Daniel Baker (dbaker at cuckoo.com)