[rc5] Increasing my Cache

Costin RAIU craiu at usa.net
Wed Aug 20 22:47:21 EDT 1997

Clay Runfalo wrote:

> Hopefully someone will be able to answer this question for me...
>
> Right now, my system has a 128Kb cache.  If I increase it to 256Kb,
> will it increase the speed that it processes the keys?  (It takes
> about 4 hours per block and I am looking for an easy way to speed it
> up.)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Clay

I don't think so, unless you have more then 32Mb of RAM. Even if so,
the increse in speed is too low, especially for the RC5 password
checker.
--

bye,
c0s

Costin RAIU, Data Security Expert

E-MAIL  : BUSINESS mailto:craiu at gecad.ro, PERSONAL craiu at usa.net
WWW     : http://www.gecad.ro/~craiu/
PGP Key : http://www.gecad.ro/~craiu/craiu.asc (or from WWW.PGP.COM)
KeyID   : 2048/DD35A295 Costin RAIU <craiu at gecad.ro>
Key fingerprint = FD 14 2A 90 64 41 58 9A  6B 34 47 D8 C5 E2 F4 5C