[rc5] Next Crack

Vincent Janelle random at avara.com
Fri Aug 22 17:49:20 EDT 1997

Sigh, Java code is slower than taking the v1 source and compling it on
your own machine.  In fact, it is 130 times slower, and due to "features"
in Java, you would have to have a proxy server on the server you retrieved
the url from.  It is a nice idea, and it was done, and it was slower than
a SE/30.  Since the machines that Java has been ported to already have
native client, the loss in performance would be tremendous.