[rc5] What's the word on the stats?

Jeff Lawson jlawson at hmc.edu
Fri Aug 22 15:34:54 EDT 1997

At 01:43 PM 8/22/97 -0400, Ed Williams wrote:
>Has anyone given an 'official' answer as to the problems with the stats?
>Mine haven't moved for close to the last 24 hours.

Officially, we have never stated that the stats are updated more frequently
than every 24 hours.  The fact that we have occasionally been allowing the
stats to be processed more frequently than this does not change things.  In
fact, if you look at the "work in progress" page, you'll see that moving
the stats to a more frequent update period is still an item that we are
working on perfecting.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lawson     <jlawson at hmc.edu>    http://rc5.distributed.net/
Original Organizer/Programmer of the Bovine RC5 Cracking Effort