[rc5] win95 dialer setup

Sanford Olson sanford at msn.fullfeed.com
Sun Aug 24 17:53:30 EDT 1997

A great place to check for all your WinSock needs (e-mail, browsers,
utilities, etc) is Strouds website at "http://cws.internet.com".  There are
links to all the latest versions of the various WinSock programs as well as
comparisons and full reviews.  It's a great site.

Micrsoft included v1.1 of the Dial-Up Networking (DUN) in Win95 "B" (aka
OSR2).  This version allows you to bypass the "Connect" button.  Also,
Microsoft is currently on v1.2 of DUN.  To get it, see
"http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/info/pptpdownload.htm".

If you have v1.1 or higher of DUN, double-click "My Computer", double-click
"Dialup Networking", click on "Connections" menu item of "Dialup
Networking" folder, select "Settings" from the "Connections" menu.  The
"Prompt for information before dialing" setting should be the one that
controls seeing the "Connect" button or not.

- Sanford Olson